The Association of Play Industries is the lead trade body within the play sector representing the interests of manufacturers, installers, designers and distributors of both indoor and outdoor children’s play equipment and play area surfacing. They approached us to help them put in place a clear message which could be built upon for lobbying and raising awareness for the industry.
WHAT WE DID
Our projects included:
- Working through a messaging and brand process to help them understand target audiences better, establish a clear style of communication and key themes.
- Setting out revised mission, vision and values.
- Producing a year 1 set of objectives and marketing strategy – then turning this into a practical tactical plan.
- Identifying core subject areas for lobbying – and then getting on with it!
- Social media strategy and monthly content plan.
- Setting up and managing social media communications across all platforms.
- Setting up and managing @API_Chair Twitter feed, for lobbying and comment focus.
- Day-to-day marketing and communications support/copywriting.
- Hard working press office – commenting on topical matters, regular schedule of press releases, responding to requests for feature articles (and pitching them), support at events (live blogging/social media).
- Support with social media from key API related events (eg. Playfair and Education Show).
- Recommendations and support in revising the API’s offering and contribution to the industry.
- Regular commenting and recommendations for improvements to the API website.
- Production of print communications, as needed.
- Production of content for API Directory.
- Development of relationships between the API and key influencers.
- Weekly blogging and news round up.
- Monthly non-members eshot content.
We’ve really raised our game and reputation within the play industry, achieving one of our main main objectives through this work. I’ve come to rely on our outsourced team for a wide range of marketing and PR support, as well as member engagement.