Social media marketing for the Caffe Culture Show – the nation’s leading gathering place for the cafe and coffee community. A comprehensive six-month project to build interest in the show, culminating in two days of live posting from the event.
WHAT WE DID
The Caffe Culture Show has been taking place since 2006 and is the UK’s only and longest running event dedicated to the cafe community. We ran the event’s social media accounts during the show and for the six months leading up to it. Within this, we:
- Refreshed and synchronised all social media pages to ensure they were up-to-date and complemented each other.
- Daily post promoting the show, the Cafeconomy report, exhibitors and trade news.
- In the lead up to the event, we placed a focus on building registration numbers and interaction with local and national press.
- We provided live social media posting and blogging from the event.
- Constant and instant engagement both online and in person with exhibitors, visitors and press throughout the event.
- Social media reports both before and after the show with detailed feedback and advice.
It was another successful year for the Caffe Culture Show as they welcomed just under 5,000 visitors and over 220 suppliers. The improvements in social media were very significant, with the audience growing quickly and sustainably during the run-up to the event. Why not watch the highlights video here.
From our social media marketing we saw:
- Twitter growth over six months 23.5% – Plus 933 link clicks to website and 11,195 likes.
- Facebook growth over six months 35% – Plus 2,300 engagements and 110 link clicks to website
- Instagram growth over sixth months 135%
- We also managed Facebook advertising which was extremely successful; resulting in 1652 click to the ‘book now’ link on the website
- Significant click throughs to bookings.
- Demographic shift to clearer target audience.
- Trending hashtag.